Dr. Christopher Kendall PT
DPT, TPI- M2/F2, PPSC, TRS-S
"How To Get Rid Of Back Pain And Stiffness Without Medications, Risking Surgery, Or Having To Wait To See Your Doctor!"
Don’t give up your desired lifestyle because of problems that can be fixed. That is why we created this specifically for you.
A Message From Dr. Christopher Kendall, Owner & Founder Of Kendall Performance Physical Therapy
It’s common to believe that back pain is insignificant and will go away on its own. It’s also common to blame it on “awkward sleeping,” a “spasm,” or something “everyone” suffers from at some point…
There is no obvious reason for it, but it does not appear to be changing!
If this happens to you, you are not alone; we always hear stories like this. In fact, the most common problem we see in our clinic is lower back pain and sciatica!
And when it comes to living with back pain, everyone we see is curious…
“How Come This Is Happening to Me?” or “Why Am I Still in Pain After Putting up With It for 3-6 Months? (Sometimes Longer!)”
Most people believe that if they have back pain, it will go away on its own.
They believe that if they wake up one morning, it will be as if the back pain never existed… But six months later, you still suffer back pain, which is frequently worse than when it first began.
Does That Describe You?
A different situation that frequently occurs in our clinic is when patients visit the doctor, who instructs them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes.”
However, this is rarely the best advice, and many people return to the doctor after four weeks because things haven’t improved. Worse, they’re frequently given another prescription for stronger pills and told to rest even more. This is absurd, and it explains why so many people in the United States suffer from chronic lower back pain.
Has Something Similar Happened to You?
What else could explain why back pain lasts longer than it should? It’s easy to become perplexed because so many different people have told you many different things. Many people are willing to offer advice, but much of it is rarely credible.
Perhaps you believe your back pain was caused by something you did, such as lifting or sleeping in an awkward position. Still, it was actually caused by years and years of poor posture and poor movement, which caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak, and the lifting or awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
Back pain can be very confusing if you don’t know what you’re doing, and as a result, many people just accept it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal and ‘just the way it is’. What else could explain why back pain lasts longer than it should? It’s easy to become perplexed because so many different people have told you many different things. Many people are willing to offer advice, but much of it is rarely credible.
Do You Have the Same Thoughts?
If You Have Back Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You expected it to go away on its own, but it didn’t.
2. You went to the doctor, who advised you to rest and take pain relievers, but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off, chronic back pain returned.
3. You just accepted it because a family member or friend told you that everyone gets back pain as they get older.
4. You had previously tried other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist, but nothing they said or did seem to help.
5. You tried YouTube exercises, but they either didn’t work or worsened your back pain.
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your back pain was so bad, but it only made it feel stiffer and tighter.
7. You decided to get a few “massages” in the hopes that they would relieve your pain, but they made you feel nice and relaxed and did nothing to help you in the long run.
If any of these things have happened to you, we’d love to help you by inviting you to schedule a call with our low back specialist to find out what we can do to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things is actually a GOOD THING because knowing what doesn’t work brings you closer to discovering what does!
If you want to get some solid advice over the phone, click the link below to book a call with us. The phone call is free, and there is no obligation to book appointments with us after the call. Our goal is to assist you in making the best decision about what to do next.
“How Can I Get Rid of My Back Pain Quickly?” …
So, here are four things you can do:
1. First and foremost, you must decide whether or not to seek assistance: So many people procrastinate for so long, believing that back pain will ‘just go away with time,’ only to find that six months later, nothing has changed…or it has gotten worse.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises: One of the best things you can do to help relieve your back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, allow you to move freely again quickly, and ensure that the problems don’t return anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest: Have you ever tried to get up from the sofa after a long rest period, only to struggle because your back is so painful and tight? That’s because resting or sitting for long periods of time is one of the worst things you can do to aggravate back pain. Too much rest and sitting in awkward positions causes your back to stiffen and tighten. It would be extremely beneficial if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture and hands-on treatment to get you active and healthy as soon as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy: Physical therapy has been shown to help people suffering from low-back pain. In fact, it’s one of the most common injuries we see at Kendall Performance Physical Therapy. Suppose your back pain is interfering with your job, your ability to stay active, your independence, or your ability to spend quality time with family and friends. In that case, physical therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible.
Note: We offer this free Total Body Diagnostic session to people nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy, unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If this describes you, please begin with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to determine what is wrong and what can be done – with no financial risk to you.
So Here’s the Next Question:
“How Can Choosing Kendall Performance Physical Therapy as Your Physical Therapist Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain - In the Next Few Days?”
Here are a few examples of what our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
Essentially, we can assist you in resuming your life free of the curse of chronic back pain.
If you want to know how much it costs and what appointments are available at our physical therapy clinics in Kenmore, New York, simply click the button below and fill out the short form: