Shoulder and Neck Pain
Dr.Christopher Kendall PT
DPT, TPI- M2/F2, PPSC, TRS-S
A Message From Dr. Christopher Kendall, Owner & Founder Of Kendall Performance Physical Therapy
“Why Am I Having to Go Through This?” “How Come I Still Have Neck and Shoulder Pain After 6 or More Months of Putting up With It?”
Do You Sound Familiar?
Have You Ever Experienced Something Similar?
Do You Feel This Way?
If You Have Neck or Shoulder Pain, Here Are 7 More Reasons Why It May Be Lingering Longer Than Necessary:
1. You expected it to go away on its own, but it didn’t.
2. You visited the doctor, who advised you to rest and take pain relievers. But the pills didn’t work, and once they were gone, your neck and shoulders hurt again.
3. You just accepted it because a family member or friend told you that everyone gets neck and shoulder pain as they age.
4. You tried to get help from other doctors or a physical therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did seem to help.
5. You’ve tried heating pads and TENS units, but they’ve done nothing to help.
6. You thought resting would be a good idea because your neck or shoulder pain was so severe, but it still irritates you on a daily basis.
7. You had a few “massages” to try to relieve your pain, but all they did was make you feel better and relaxed. They did nothing to end the pain permanently
"What Can You Do to Relieve Neck and Shoulder Pain?"
Here are four ideas to get you started:
1. First, you must decide whether or not to seek assistance. Many people put off seeking treatment for neck and shoulder pain because they believe it will “go away with time.” But they’re still putting up with it six months later, and either nothing has changed, or the pain has gotten worse.
2. Perform the RIGHT exercises. Doing the right series of progressed exercises is one of the best ways to relieve neck and/or shoulder pain. The right exercises prescribed by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, allow you to move freely again quickly, and ensure that the problems do not reoccur.
3. Avoid sitting or sleeping in awkward positions. Have you ever woken up with a stiff neck? Did your shoulders feel tight after a long day of sitting? This is because sitting or sleeping in an awkward position is one of the worst things you can do for your neck or shoulders. Along with hands-on treatment, it would be extremely beneficial if you were shown the proper exercises to strengthen your muscles and improve your posture. This would allow you to resume your active and healthy lifestyle as soon as possible.
4. Receive genuine “hands-on” physical therapy. Physical therapy has been shown to help people with neck and shoulder pain. It’s one of the most common issues we see at Kendall Performance Physical Therapy. Suppose your neck and/or shoulder pain makes it difficult to do your job. In that case, if tightness or tension in your shoulders is preventing you from sleeping, staying active, threatening your independence, or spending time with family and friends, physiotherapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible.
Note: We offer this Free Total Body Diagnostic session to people who are nervous about Physical Therapy and unsure whether it will help them. If this describes you, please begin with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so we can help you figure out what’s wrong and what you can do without spending any money.
Now, the Question Is:
"How Can Visiting a Physical Therapist at Kendall Performance Physical Therapy Alleviate Your Neck And Shoulder Pain?"
Essentially, the Physical Therapy Team at Kendall Performance Physical Therapy can assist you in getting rid of daily, irritating, and long-term neck and shoulder pain so you can get back to living your life.
Please click the button below and fill out the short form to find out how much it costs and if we have any openings at our Kenmore, New York clinic: